1/2 cup crushed pineapple (drain well and set aside)
4 egg whites
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
2/3 cup skim milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Blend egg whites, cottage cheese, milk and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add dry ingredients and blend until well combined.
4. Stir in crushed pineapple.
5. Heat skillet over medium heat, and drop a few spoonful’s of the batter onto hot pan to make about 4-inch pancakes.
6. Cook on low heat until bubbles form on surface.
7. Turn and cook other side until browned.
To make the topping: Combine orange juice and cornstarch, cook over low heat, stirring until consistency of syrup. Cool slightly and pour over pancakes.
Makes 8 servings
Calories: 107 per serving;
Total Fat: 1 gram;
Cholesterol: 1.75 mg;
Sodium: 160 mg.